Here we go with my first blog post. How exciting! I actually had a short-lived blog some years ago that served as my own journal, and I kept it private - much like I'm keeping this one for now. It's such a strange phenomenon that has taken over the first world - sharing our private thoughts publicly, sharing our lives so openly, reality tv and all that. Yet it seems less strange than it used to. There is so much great information out there, so many neat things to see. Lately I have been reading a lot of blogs - primarily those related to people with Cystic Fibrosis (CF). I don't have or know of anyone in my day-to-day life that has CF, but someone I know from an online game I used to play has it, which I learned when I looked at her blog one day. Since then, I was completely pulled into how this disease impacts those who have it. It's encouraging, heart-breaking, and mesmerizing to me. I made sure that I was an organ donor as a result, and I hope that you are too! If you aren't, register today.
I've also, of course, been pulled into Pinterest, and how could I not have? All the beautiful rooms and hair and recipes and projects -- so many so far out of my reach (abilities and price wise)! But I try and imagine and fantasize, and I *have* made several recipes, so that's something! I'm hopeful that I can make our house look more homey across the next few months. Ingenuity is free, right?
So a little about me ... I'm 30 now but about a month away from 31. Turning 30 was this incredible milestone for me. I wasn't afraid of the age change; I just took it as another year older.
Some months before my 30th birthday, there was this message that began at church - how the age of 30 is a true turning point, how it marks a turn to maturity like no other age does - how Yashua began his ministry at 30, how it's a generational marker. All the things I was hearing made me admire that age, and without any sadness, I just felt a lot of it didn't particularly apply to me. This was because my life was chugging along, and I was making good, mature, wise choices like I have for most of my life. I didn't think there were any surprises around the corner. I thought about how I wanted to be married one day, have a family, have a change in my job, do music for a living, but I was a bit close to 30 to feel like I was in I-AM-REALLY-AN-ADULT-NOW territory. But, miraculously, here I am at almost 31... married :) and my job has changed and my relationships have, and that 29-year old seems so far away! Looking forward to writing about all of that in the future, because I love remembering it and sharing it and being so thankful for it.
So I hope you're having a nice day. I really do. And thank you for visiting me today!
'Til next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment